Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Son's Senior Prom Day 2012

Today’s my son’s senior prom and I want him to look extra sharp! My new honey refers me to his barber, Dunn at Good Phellaz Barbershop. Honey tells me out of three locations, there is one downtown across Georgia State and Woodruff Park. I didn’t realize it until later that I’d walked passed this barbershop for at least two years during the times I took Marta instead of driving to work.


I call Dunn and make an appointment. This barbershop is clean with beautiful, black leather chairs. Several work stations and flat screen T.V.’s, and professional staff.

Once, myself having a natural short style, and looking for comfortable space without hearing cursing and filthy language; I’m impressed and I feel very comfortable here.

While, my son gets his shampoo, hair cut and lineup on his teenager mustache and side burns. I talk to the manager, Karl, a nice guy originally from N.Y. about everything under the moon. He’s been a barber for 16 years and a manager for 14 years. Karl greets everyone at the door. And he helps out when needed. He shapes up a new client while I sit there. There is nothing like a leader getting his hands dirty. I love it!

Dunn, the barber, lines up my son’s teenager mustache and side burns. His haircut is complete and he looks extra sharp. I am pleased! The haircut is 15 dollars which took about 45 minutes. How cute! My baby has grown up on me.

If you in the downtown area, please give Good Phellaz a visit. It’s across from the Woodruff Park/ Georgia State. Near Underground Atlanta and close to Five Points and Peachtree Transit Stations.

56 Peachtree St NW

Atlanta, GA 30303



Hours of operation:

Opens 7 days a week

Shop: 404-524-9990

VM: 404 745-8138

No comments:

Post a Comment