Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Car Repairs and Fish Tacos, Oh Want a Wonderful Day! / May 12, 2012

I've been looking for a good mechanic that will not take advantage of me. Because I am a female; I’m sure you know what happens.

I think I've done my Mercury Cougar, Ella, (named after the late, great Jazz Singer, Ella Fitzgerald) a disservice.





I’ve been looking for a mechanic that will not overcharge me and treat Ella like a lady for some time now. I think it’s been two year since I got her.
A White, 1987 Cougar that had 37,000 mile on her when I purchased her. She needs desperate repair and brake job. I bought a $20 online coupon last year in December 2011. However, the location happened to be in Alpharetta! I was too excited about the coupon that I didn’t pay attention to the location until after I purchased the coupon. (This place is too far away! I hate driving long distances! That is why I moved to West End and now to Reynoldstown to stay downtown near my job.)

I called the location and I was told they were not open on weekends. I had to find time to take off during the week. Finally, I called back (around February 2012) and was told in fact, I didn’t need an appointment. I drove to the area in Alpharetta. I was told I was at the wrong location! How did I manage to make this mistake! Jeez! What is wrong with me? But the link showed this was one of the locations that accepted the coupon. Oh well.

Since I was there I got Ella, checked out. She needed her belt changed, $100. I didn’t feel like it was a wasted trip.

A couple of months later, I’m finally at the right place but it's still too far away from Reynoldstown. It’s in Marietta, GA. it’s about 30 minutes drive and this is still too far for me. I’m excited to find a place for Ella to get serviced. She needs brakes. The front brakes are trashed. The clerk at the counter tells me the front brakes, pads, and rotors will cost $659. A hit to my spirit and pocketbook; the clerk is nice enough to give me his employee discount.

I decide to get something to eat because of a lengthy process and the clerk gives me a variety of selections of places to eat lunch. I walk to the nearest Mexican restaurant.




The hostess shows me to my seat. I sit down at a booth and check out the scenery. There’s a bar in the corner. At least five flat screens in different locations in the restaurant and plenty booth seats. When the waitress appears, I order my favorite, fish tacos. As I wait on my meal, a camera men walks in with his crew. They wait for a woman who comes out of the back. I assume she is the owner. Wow! An interview. How cool. This turns into an exciting day. I ask one of the servers that pass the table where I’m sitting, what’s going on. He’s not sure himself yet, he goes over to check it out himself. As I watch the owner and crew go into another area of the restaurant, I decide to blog about it. When the guy server comes back to the table I ask him about the restaurant. He says he works with cool people and it gets very busy at night.







If you’re ever in the area, stop by:

Tijuana Joe’s Cantina
(770) 321-1233
690 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068

No comments:

Post a Comment