Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

What a Wonderful Time Part 2




After class, I decide today I’m strong enough to go to the African Dance Class at West End Performing Arts Center. It’s been a while (2007) since I taken an Introduction to Africa Dance Class. Apparently I wasn’t prepared.

My knees were under so much stress, I didn’t have the strength to endure the moves.

My knees swelled up around the time before an upcoming show. There were men that came from Ghana to show us these new moves and this did me in.

The day before the performance, I could barely move. I didn’t think I was ready for this performance when the instructor mentioned I would be a part of it.

Since I showed up to class faithfully, the instructor said I could do it. I thought I could bounce back in a couple of weeks, but it got so bad I had to an orthopedic doctor. He told me after x-rays and physical therapy I need to exercise daily and I would be fine.

Now, 4 years later and after bike riding last year up to 35 miles. I’m back stronger this time and it’s the best feeling in the world. I love the drums! I’m not a best dancer in class, but I’m doing okay for my first class. Keep in mind, I exercised earlier for an hour, but I really wanted to take this class today.

No comments:

Post a Comment