Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Heels On Wheels

The first weekend of ever month, a group of woman called Heels on Wheels ride on Peachtree Street from the hours of 6:30pm to 9pm. After the ride, a place to eat is determined by the group.

This time neither of my S-hero's are attending. I would feel better if they had come.

After getting off at the Five Points Station; I'm too nervous to ride my bike on Peachtree Street, so I walk it to Woodruff Park where the ladies will meet up for the group ride. I had enough of the cab driver cursing at me on yesterday and his ill wishes towards me, like he hoped I die on my first time taking the train to Peachtee Center and riding to work. I find out later the reason he cursed was that I indeed made an illegal turn on Baker Street. My feelings are more hurt about making an illegal turn because I believe in safety. And yes, his words did get to me; my spirit is still a little bruised.

Today, there are only one woman waiting with her bike as I show up. Others slowly come ,but it is not as nearly as many women as last month. I find out that the ride starts at 6:30 pm. The leader of the group hasn't shown until 6:45 and now I know what it feels like to wait for a person.

She brings a boom box with her, and she needs D batteries so we all ride to Five Points so that she can purchase.

On Peachtree Street, it is pretty crowded because of Dragon Con and a couple of football games. The group ride pass Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles restaurant and a young lady from the resturant yells, "Hey look a boom box!" Someone in our group says, "Out of all of the people with costumes on from Dragon Con, she points out at our boom box"! Thank God for it because I'm not as nervous on this street.

After the ride, one of the ladies decides that we eat at Loca Luna Restaurant in the Piedmont. My only concern is how am I going to get home once it turns dark. Some of the ladies will stay and dance. Others have left already.

I call significant other and a ride is offered to me. What a nice way to spend a Saturday evening, yet it's even better that I do not have to ride back home on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment